Asus K501UX touchpad driver for Win10 downgrade to Win7

sosu4e

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
1) Does anyone know for sure what touchpad is in the Asus K501UX? I'm pretty sure its an ELAN but not 100% on that..
Anyway, I did a 'downgrade' from Win10 to Win7 64bit and I can't for the life of me find a driver that will install. All that's recognized in device manager under 'Mice and other pointing devices' is 'HID compliant mouse' (I believe this is my wireless Logitech mouse).
I have two keyboards listed as well. One is a HID complaint keyboard, the other a PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-Key). I have no external keyboards connected.
Windows doesn't find a driver for the device. SmartGesture from Asus or generic drivers from Elan don't work.Annoying because I have everything else working except the touchpad.

sosu4e

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
Downloaded and on start of install got an error saying 'Device not connected' after clicking ok got another box saying 'The driver version doesn't suit this touchpad. Please check the device in system and install the suitable driver'
please advise..

Spvision

Prominent
Aug 2, 2017
Have you had any luck fixing the toutchpad?
I have the exact same problem on an K501UW after downgrading to windows 7. I also run linux on the same machine and the touchpad works. I can confirm that it is an ELAN.

nevohzoola

Prominent
Oct 9, 2017

Any luck?
same issue with K501UW

Spvision

Prominent
Aug 2, 2017

Nope.

nevohzoola

Prominent
Oct 9, 2017

I think I've tried every smart gesture version and 3rd party drivers...
I can't find the touchpad setting in BIOS. Sooo frustrating, and I'm sure there is a simple solution. I guess I'll keep using the USB mouse for now

Spvision

Prominent
Aug 2, 2017
I have also tried various drivers and various versions of the same driver with no success. My guess is that the only drivers ever made for this hardware is for windows 8 and up, and no one ever bothered to make a driver for windows 7.
What about ATK package? I installed it and all the FN keys work except FN+F9, which is the touchpad enable/disable.