Question Asus K550JK shutting down

Aug 28, 2020
Hello everyone, i exchanged a laptop with my father, taking his Asus K550JK, upon taking the laptop i swapped the old HDD with crucial mx500 500GB SSD, did fresh windows instal and made sure to download all recent drivers for the system, but something extremely weird is happening, the laptop would shut down when i open any game after maximum 10 minutes, sometimes after seconds and im unable to turn it back on for a couple of seconds if on battery, if the battery is removed, i cannot turn it on for about 20-30 seconds, i ran prime95, cinebench, furmark etc, each one separately for couple of hours and the temps for CPU went to 90C, for GPU it maxed out at 79-80C, though the laptop stayed on, without shutting down, i ran games like Valorant for example, on the lowest possible settings even tho the laptop can handle medium/high settings easily, the laptop will anyways turn off after couple of minutes, without any error or blue screen, just a complete shut down . During those couple of minutes while running a game it barely even reaches 50 degrees on both CPU and GPU, the case doesnt even get a chance to heat, its cold as ice upon shut down. Does anyone know what might be the reason? When i swapped HDD with SSD i have also thoroughly cleaned the laptop.
Laptop specs:
CPU i7-4710HQ
RAM: 12GB
GPU: GTX 850M
SSD: Crucial mx500 500GB

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kaiserken Laptop Tech Support 1
mikmikasd Laptop Tech Support 2
V Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
erik43 Laptop Tech Support 0
U Laptop Tech Support 0