Asus K55A Black Screen

Scottlocks

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
SO my screen is not working anymore. Yesterday, it was working FLAWLESSLY, today in school i go to Turn it on and find it black, not even the backlight turned on, but yet the CD drive sounds and the external display work(Thank god). Giving i dropped it 3 times, i think i broke it >.<.

I have Taken the battery out, held the power button for two minutes/a minute, shaken it(Loose connector, trying to make it sound, nope). what else should i try? I have called around, new screen is going to be about 300$, if no home fixes work, should i get new or repair(Look at specs below, It was working fine in this configuration for the past ~8 months). If new, budget is best(~600$)

CPU: Intel I5-3210M
Ram: Gskill 2x4GB 1.5V 1600Mhz.
SSD: Samsung 840 series, 250GB
Wireless: Intel Centrino, The one with Blutooth(Forget model number).

Solution
Hi, you have to take out the bezel and the screen to look if you have a bad connection at the connector for the screen, if you're lucky this is your problem. If the problem is not resolve, you have to look at the connector on the motherboard for the screen.
Hi, you have to take out the bezel and the screen to look if you have a bad connection at the connector for the screen, if you're lucky this is your problem. If the problem is not resolve, you have to look at the connector on the motherboard for the screen.

Solution

cymromon

Estimable
Aug 16, 2014
The problem is that the BIOS is corrupt. I have solved this problem by replacing the BIOS chip. Not for the faint hearted, I got my local TV repair man to do it. A New BIOS chip costs about £12