Asus K55VD Laptop charger disconnecting issue

pedronsenna

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017
I have this Laptop for something like 3 years and i'm having some problems about it... It's disconnecting from the charger randomly, actually not that random, it disconnects almost every time that i change to a High Performance profile, sometimes it disconnects just if i run something heavy and sometimes only need to be turned on to start disconnecting of the charger.
Don't think the problem is the battery or the charger itself.

Andrea Mathew

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
I suggest you to check the CPU conception from Task Manager. If it is above 70%, then you need to increase the RAM. If possible try to swap with another adapter and check

Andrea Mathew

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
Hi,
I hope you are referring to the icon on the bottom right corner of desktop when it is not charging.This can happen when the system is demanding more power. I would like to know whether it again connects automatically after a while? Also is it the same adapter that you are using which was shipped with the unit?

pedronsenna

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017

After start disconnecting it hardly ever connects again, like now... yesterday i used my laptop the whole night without disconnecting, now i just turned on and it already disconnected and didn't connect again. The problem isn't just the icon, it really disconnect and drains the battery

Andrea Mathew

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
I suggest you to check the CPU conception from Task Manager. If it is above 70%, then you need to increase the RAM. If possible try to swap with another adapter and check

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Umeet Laptop Tech Support 1
Akram Sidena Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 3
Jor2745 Laptop Tech Support 0
Dodger X Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 2
I Laptop Tech Support 3
H Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 2