ASUS K55VJ does not boot to the hard disk - AMI BIOS boot menu is empty

DennyNet

Estimable
Feb 10, 2014
Hello,

Asus K55VJ-SYD69H the hard disk ST500LT012-9WS142 on which you installed Windows 8 Pro.After buying normally Windows 8 started.

In experiments with another disc itself, I erased the original default booting the hdd 500 gigabytes
Then I discovered that the AMI BIOS BOOT menu item releasing unintentionally erased hard drive 500 gigabytes
When you return the hard drive to 500 gigabytes laptop was no longer possible to boot from the disc, because the disc is missing the automatic detection.
In the boot menu remained just booting the DVD. I swiftly deleted and the boot DVDRW. (PIC1 and PIC2)

In the boot menu is only the "DELETE BOOT MENU", but there is missing item "ADD BOOT MENU"?
Where did Manufacturer American Megatrends INC. error when programming a new version 2012 of "APTIO SETUP UTILITY" (AMI BIOS)??

What is the procedure I have achieved that I had in the BOOT MENU again mainly automatic detection of HDD/CDDVD/USB etc.??

I was looking at another motherboard with the AMI BIOS and there are six items in the boot menu with automatic detection (PIC3)

Thank you for any help.
Denny

PIC1-AMI BIOS Main MENU
ami_bios_main.jpg

PIC2-AMI BIOS BOOT MENU
ami_bios_boot.jpg

PIC3-AMI BIOS BOOT MENU - OTHER MAINBOARD
other_mainboard_ami_bios.jpg

DennyNet

Estimable
Feb 10, 2014
F9 - Restore Defaults - no effect!

The laptop AMI BIOS version is "2.15.1226"
The website www.asus.com / support is only the same version of BIOS for this notebook.
There is a newer version of AMI BIOS directly from the company American Megatrends INC. ?