Asus k56cm or Lenovo z500 (refurbished)

Crisjude

Estimable
Mar 24, 2014
Hi everyone,
I'm buying a new laptop (my old one is completely dead) and my budget is up to £500 (I'm in UK). The thing is, I'm checking i5 processor with some discrete dedicated graphics because basiclly, I want to make an use of browsing, office work, and some video-photo editing, but not professional.

I'm thinkg about buying a refurbished one - is the only way to get a good performance for not too much money. My options are mainly Asus or Lenovo.
I checked Asus k56cm:
i5 3370U
8 gb ram
750 gb hdd
Nvidia gt 635M

Or Lenovo z500:
Intel i5 3210M
6gb ram
1 Tb hdd
Nvidia gt 635M

I like other Asus like N56VJ or X550CC, either Lenovo z510 but all of them are above my budget (even being refurbished). I'm really confused. Which one woul u recommend? Any other choice?

IDontUnderstand

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
Generally speaking, editing software uses CPU more than GPU. Therefore, I do not recommend you purchase a laptop with discrete GPU. Laptops with discrete GPU tend to be a lot more expensive and less power on its CPU unless a lot of cash is going to be dumped onto the laptop.

Follow that advise and you should be able to find some better choices for CPU on a new laptop.

Crisjude

Estimable
Mar 24, 2014
So you mean It would be better if a get good processor although it comes with the Intel hd graphics. Then in that way maybe I can get something cheaper but I still will check that brands, any recommendation? Thanks!