Solved! ASUS LAPTOP ABRUPTLY TURNS OFF AT 60%

Mar 27, 2019
Hey whats up!
So I have an Asus x54c laptop. Just recently im running into an issue where my laptop abruptly shuts down at exactly 60%.
It does not power back on when i press the power button. It will only power back on when i plug in the charger.
The laptop shuts down at exactly 60% when the charger is not plugged in, however it works completly fine when plugged in.
My laptop does not overheat, and i tested this. I switched out my original battery about 6 months ago to a fully compatible battery.
This just started to happen a few days ago. I am running windows 10. I checked the power settings in control center power settings the settings are fine and i ran the troubleshooter for power settings.
Any suggestions? Any other additional info needed, please ask! SEND HELP! SOS

Solution
It sounds like your battery is giving a false percentage reading. That is extremely common when a battery is going bad/dead. It will say that it has whatever percent left, but then turn off and not back on. It will then also charge faster.

It is because, as a battery gets used, it holds less and less of a charge. Less and less of its capacity is available or can hold a charge. Then it will eventually not work at all, not charge at all.

I would suggest you get a new OEM battery for the laptop soon, before this one won't charge/work at all. I say get an OEM one because aftermarket ones tend to be flawed and you risk damaging your device. Some aftermarket stuff is fine, laptop batteries it not one of them.
It sounds like your battery is giving a false percentage reading. That is extremely common when a battery is going bad/dead. It will say that it has whatever percent left, but then turn off and not back on. It will then also charge faster.

It is because, as a battery gets used, it holds less and less of a charge. Less and less of its capacity is available or can hold a charge. Then it will eventually not work at all, not charge at all.

I would suggest you get a new OEM battery for the laptop soon, before this one won't charge/work at all. I say get an OEM one because aftermarket ones tend to be flawed and you risk damaging your device. Some aftermarket stuff is fine, laptop batteries it not one of them.

Solution