Solved! Asus laptop black screen after boot change

Dec 28, 2018
Hello

I have a Asus x550ln with and sdd and a hdd in a caddy. It was working alright and I went to bios and changed the boot order I put the optical drive in the first (mistake) I restarted and never saw image anymore. No Asus logo nothing, the led light and and hdd turn on but after a few seconds only the led light stays on.

I've tried a lot of combinations, took out the cmos battery the whole night, tried the pen USB with bios upgrade and ctrl home to flash the bios. All not working. Also I tried without ssd and hdd, swaped them and put the optical drive in, nothing.

I'm not having much hopes now...

Regards

Solution
If you tested without that drive caddy in, only with the main drive in, and you did the botherboard reset with taking out the CMOS and main battery, only thing really left is that the motherboard died. You can try to have a local repair shop take a look at it, should not cost too much for them to try a few things.
If you tested without that drive caddy in, only with the main drive in, and you did the botherboard reset with taking out the CMOS and main battery, only thing really left is that the motherboard died. You can try to have a local repair shop take a look at it, should not cost too much for them to try a few things.

Solution
Dec 28, 2018
I took all the drives, no battery, no round battery of the mobo (cmos), the only light on is the first one of the bulb, always on.

Ive been noticing that the laptop wouldn't turn off, when I shutdown windows, the pc would turn down no screen but the light was on and I had to pull out the cable to shut it all down.

Now I changed a boot option and puff no more image or hdd reading.

I will get it to a store. Thanks