ASUS Laptop Blue Screen To Black Screen

CeeBerry

Commendable
May 24, 2016
Hi,
Current status: On light, screen black, no cursor, no desktop sounds, fan on, drive "clicks".
Background: screen began glitching then went BSOD. Phone search suggested driver update issue with W10 so brought it in to work next day because I needed a working PC to create a W10 install/repair disk. But laptop was fine. Booted up normally, got an hour before screen began glitching and a recovery error pop-up loop started. At this point, I had uninstalled the AMD Radeon driver and restarted. Native display was working okay, AMD driver began installing automatically. Then screen went black.
Could not reboot.
Since then have tried hard reset with battery and power cable out. Have also tried to boot from Win 10 Media Tools via USB and DVD. No change. Screen remains emo black.
Please advise.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the AMD graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to AMD.
- Once completely uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Reboot the laptop once the driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do observe it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If all these will not work I would consider trying a different HDD and install Windows in it again and observe if the same problem will persist or not.

CeeBerry

Commendable
May 24, 2016

CeeBerry

Commendable
May 24, 2016
Hi Laptop_nerd,

I would love to get back into the device manager but the screen is BLACK.

If you could suggest something I haven't tried yet I would be delighted because it's like an expensive trip to the shop right now.