ASUS Laptop Cannot Connect to Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

darla anne

Estimable
Jun 10, 2015
Hi folks! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Last night when I shut down my ASUS laptop the internet was working smoothly with no problems via ethernet and also showed my available wifi connection. This morning I wake up to use it and it says there are no internet connections available. So here I am on my desktop computer, which obviously is using the same ethernet. My PS4 is on and using the wifi without an issue. So it has to be the laptop. I've run a Hijack This log and don't see a problem. (This isn't my first time around the block, only before it was a Dell laptop.)

My laptop:
ASUS G73
ASUS Model # G73J
Windows 7
Intel Core i7
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 Graphics
EAX Advanced HD 4.0

Please please please help me!

Thank you in advance for your time and effort!

Darlene

Solution
Okay, give me information about your network adapter (model and etc.)
just in case you can try going into Device Manager find the problematic wireless device via "Network Adapters" right click to properties then to the Power Management tab, uncheck the option to allow Windows to turn off this device. Restart that router when you check that.

GeRgY

Admirable
Okay, give me information about your network adapter (model and etc.)
just in case you can try going into Device Manager find the problematic wireless device via "Network Adapters" right click to properties then to the Power Management tab, uncheck the option to allow Windows to turn off this device. Restart that router when you check that.

Solution

darla anne

Estimable
Jun 10, 2015

THANK YOU! Got at least the wifi working again which is all I really needed! Much appreciated!

lpmorgens

Commendable
Jun 30, 2016
I have the same problem... got as far as clicking "Properties," but on my systerm (also an Asus), there is no tab that says Power Management. Any suggestions?

Jabs__

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
"I have the same problem... got as far as clicking "Properties," but on my systerm (also an Asus), there is no tab that says Power Management. Any suggestions?"

Same for me. I don't have the power management tab and I even tried downloading the driver uninstall/install batch files from the Asus website. I'm running an Asus x250t netbook.

skerryman

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016
I sometime have the same problem and it is easily fixed; turn over you laptop and remove the battery, wait for twenty seconds then reconnect and the problem will be solved. some time the laptop gets stuck in a loop; in particular when it is not turned off correctly.
JOHN

everythingzen

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016

Thank you - I never would have figured this out!

Gina_55

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016

Thanks for the answer - I have given this a try and hope it works - so far so good!

Status
Not open for further replies.