Solved! Asus Laptop freeze after reset

wrobbani.995

Prominent
Oct 1, 2018
Hi guys
I have an Asus X550JX just been reset as I want to give it to my cousin. However, after he does the usual account set up, the laptop freeze and cannot do anything. So we decided to turn it off and turn it on again, but after logging in the same thing happen it just crash but we still can move the cursor, and the cursor keep showing sign of something loading. We’ve been waiting for hours now and it still the same. I tried to go to the boot mode but it keeps showing the log on page.
Anyone please help ASAP as my cousin really need it for his school.

Lots of thanks

Solution
If it's Windows 7 or older, turn it on and mash the Function 8 key to get into Safe Mode. In Windows 8, 81 and 10, you need to turn it on and off straight away a few times until it offers you the StartUp Repair options. Try the repair but if that fails, go for a higher level.

Select Command Prompt and at the prompt, type
net user Administrator /active:yes
and hit Enter. You shuold say a success message.

From the Windows square, go to Power then Sign out. The lock screen offers you the extra account which is the system Administrator if you get that far, log in - no password required. You might now be able to sign out from there and go into your own account.
Windows takes far too long in setting up all the files and settings for a new account. It would have been better to leave it to its own for a while. Where is it actually at this moment? You say the log on page but what happens when you try to do just that?

wrobbani.995

Prominent
Oct 1, 2018

When we tried to log on it just keep on loading or just turn into a black screen.

If it's Windows 7 or older, turn it on and mash the Function 8 key to get into Safe Mode. In Windows 8, 81 and 10, you need to turn it on and off straight away a few times until it offers you the StartUp Repair options. Try the repair but if that fails, go for a higher level.

Select Command Prompt and at the prompt, type
net user Administrator /active:yes
and hit Enter. You shuold say a success message.

From the Windows square, go to Power then Sign out. The lock screen offers you the extra account which is the system Administrator if you get that far, log in - no password required. You might now be able to sign out from there and go into your own account.

Solution