I have an ASUS laptop and my problem is quite complex as i've read several solutions, answers and tips that do not apply to my problem, or so I think. So, when windows starts up and I try to type my user password, some keys don't work... I've seen people say it's usually an integrated circuit issue so therefore keys in diagonal are ruined but that's not the case as the 1,q,a keys don't work but z, alt and windows keys work fine. The 2 and w work fine but e doesn't. Although when I join some game, not that I notice the missing keys as I use an external keyboard, I try and hit the keys very softly and they work like a charm. So, is this a software or hardware issue? When I got the computer everything worked fine so I'd consider a software problem.
First check the keyboard settings if it's set to the correct Region and Language.
- Go to Control Panel and look for Region and Language.
- Make sure all tabs are set to United States.
- Try typing again but test it as well in Notepad.
- Lastly, uninstall/reinstall the keyboard driver
- Go to Device Manager then right click on the keyboard driver and select Uninstall.
- Reboot your laptop to and it would reinstall the keyboard driver automatically.
If all these doesn't work, you may think of replacing your keyboard already.