Asus Laptop Keyboard Problem

notlim981

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
Hey guys, hope you all are ok.

I have an Asus Vivo Book sc400ca laptop and recently I've started having this weird and VERY annoying problem of some keys not working.

Some of the non working keys I can live without, however, two of them are esssencial for me (letter P and the Escape key). I have already opened it and reconnected the keyboard to the motherboard to no avail. Until recently the keys worked sometimes, but now they do not.

Any piece of advice would be higly appreciated.

Tks!

JalYt_Justin

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
How old is this laptop? Laptop keyboards can have problems with their keyboards past year 2 or so. It's possible that crumbs or something could have damaged the switch, but really there's a whole host of possibilities as far as keyboards go.

notlim981

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012

Justin,

I bought this laptop in 2014, however I take really good care of it, I clean in it inside and always carry it in a proper bag when on the go.

I do not know if it relates, but this laptop was bought in Brazil, and I reformated it with English version of Windows, however only i few keys do not work (P, ESC and arrow down).

Also, as I can recall, this issue began after the Windows Creators Update rolled out.

Many tks for your reply.