Asus laptop power problem

jammer2

Estimable
Jan 5, 2015
My Asus Q400 laptop will not power up w/ACDC adapter only the battery, and will also not charge the battery. I tried a new ACDC adapter with same results. The DC adapter port looks undamaged, and when it's plugged into the laptop, I can see the green LED on the charger transformer flicker faintly and it also makes a clicking sound. When not plugged into the LT the LED is solid green.

I saw on eBay a company the does DC power replacement but not sure if that's the problem.

Any ideas?

Solution
The charger should not be flickering, and there should not be any sounds as there are no moving parts in those things. I recommend to discontinue use of it immediately (I once had a notebook catch on fire from this sort of thing).

The problem can either be the charger, the charging port, the battery, or the power board inside the computer. Without some bench testing, it will only be a guess what the real issue is.

digitaldoc

Distinguished
Herald
The charger should not be flickering, and there should not be any sounds as there are no moving parts in those things. I recommend to discontinue use of it immediately (I once had a notebook catch on fire from this sort of thing).

The problem can either be the charger, the charging port, the battery, or the power board inside the computer. Without some bench testing, it will only be a guess what the real issue is.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS