ASUS Laptop S550C Issues - USB, Wifi, Drivers, hardware,

Dive_Chickie

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
I am going to throw this laptop out the window very soon. It started almost immediately with the laptop simply shutting down by itself. Now the USB ports all stopped working (thank goodness it's a laptop, otherwise the keyboard wouldn't have worked either). I fixed that issue, and now the wifi adapter isn't working. I tried to 'enable' it, but then windows 10 Management console went off into never neverland! Tried to close the window via Task Manager, but even that couldn't end the task.Then the laptop started shutting down with memory issues, and I blamed Windows 10 but think it may have been Google Chrome.

Now I have no frickin idea what's the issue, but regardless blame ASUS for this crappy laptop. This is my 4th or 5th Asus and I LOVED all the others which were about a third of the price. Someone help?! Sorry for the long rant, but there are tons o issues with this thing!

Solution

Dive_Chickie

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016

Sorry I wasn't clear. I had issues from the beginning with this laptop, like it shutting down after being restarted because it got confused. I'd restart, and then a few hours later, it would just turn off completely.

Recently (in the last week), I have been having problems with the USBs, and now the Wifi adapter isn't recognized. I'm restarting it often now, and sometimes it takes ages to reboot, so that I think it's never coming back. But it does.

A new motherboard means I would just buy a new laptop. New RAM is a possibility because I forgot to mention that it was shutting down last week due to memory management problems (kinda like the BSOD, but Windows 10 version).

"it got confused" is not really a thing to go on. If a system shuts down on it's own it's pretty much never good. Can be a heat issue, motherboard issue, it's usually hardware. Software issues tend to reboot systems not turn them off.

Did you contact ASUS support when you first got the laptop since you said it was happening from the beginning?

Sounds like a bad motherboard, especially with the issues you said you had with USB ports and others. You can try a clean Windows setup, that would rule out any possible software issues before you look into fixing or replacing the system.

Solution
Is very simple. A laptop should not re-start or shutdown by itself, not even once. If you had this problem before W10 then it's a pre-existing condition.

To discount W10 or any virus, software fault, restore laptop to its factory condition, and in this state it should be perfect, else I guess if warranty is out, new laptop.

TRENDING THREADS