Asus laptop shuts off after disconnecting power

Rayrules

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
I have an Asus laptop (model X540SA). It is fairly new, I got it a few months ago, and a few weeks ago it started turning off when it is unplugged from AC power. Sometimes it's immediate, sometimes it will last a few minutes on battery before suddenly turning off.
I have thoroughly checked through the power plan settings and couldn't find anything that would cause problems there. Event viewer doesn't show anything at the time the computer shuts down And just says "the previous shutdown at #:## (time) was unexpected" afterward.
I have not tried replacing the battery, but I don't think that's the problem. A battery info program shows nothing unusual, although the battery wear level is 101.1% which could mean it's all together wrong.
The time the computer lasts on battery seems pretty random (if it doesn't die immediately when unplugged) it doesn't usually get below 80ish%. It usually does not turn on if I try to boot it unplugged, and if it does it will often die again before it finishes booting, so I mostly just keep it plugged in when I'm using it.
I opened it up to clean it, thinking maybe it was overheating but there was little to no dust inside. Visually the battery looked fine when I opened the computer, although I wouldn't know what to look for.
I'm pretty much out of ideas, I've tried Windows power troubleshooting, Holding down the power button for 30 seconds, and all the things mentioned before. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
-Thanks