I have a Asus U47VC laptop that suddenly started to shut off with or without the battery.
Checked on line and the only way to restart was to remove the battery and push the power for a few sec's with the power unplugged. Then reinsert the battery or power cord and press the power on button.
Any info would be regretfully accepted. I have updated the bios video card driver ect .
It is running windows 10 and has 4 gigs of ram. Everything is factory defaults. Only using it to run HDMI to my TV for Movies
Here are some test that may help in identifying the problem.
- First is to test the AC adapter and the battery.
- Remove the battery off the laptop and connect just the AC adapter then observe if the laptop will still shutdown by itself or not.
- If the laptop will still shutdown, do try a different AC adapter first that has the same voltage and see if it will still shutdown or not.
- If using a different AC adapter will work just fine that means your charger is faulty.
- But if a different AC adapter will still not work, do load the laptop into BIOS and observe if it will still shutdown automatically.
- Again if the laptop will still shutdown in BIOS that could mean that it's a hardware problem.
- Do also try cleaning the inside of the laptop, remove dust off the fans and apply new thermal paste on the CPU and GPU.