My stepdaughter has a small ASUS touchscreen laptop preinstalled with Windows 8. It started getting really slow so I did a reset for Windows. Now it's been trying to reboot for over a day and that little icon keeps spinning at the bottom. I even got it to say "Undoing Changes"; nothing still happens, it keeps spinning at the bottom. I don't want to have to buy a new copy of Windows. What do you all suggest I do?
1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.
NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.
Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.