Asus Laptop won't boot - tried almost anything - maybe you can help?

eljazira

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016
Hey there :)
I own an Asus X750J laptop, three days ago I used Photoshop 64X version.. thing were slowish so I restarted the laptop - then the laptop which normally boots in seconds (it has on bios "fast boot" option don't know if this is relevant) shows a black screen for minutes ->then the asus boot screen for 5-10 min and then the win 10 spining circle appears at the bottom of the ASUS logo - and that's it.

what I've done till now
1. many reebots as posible - nothing
2. Created a bootable win 10 drive - cd and USB - I would get the win 10 logo (4 blue squares) and the spinning circle - and that's it - nothing happens. used two kinds of USB drives and 2 CD-DVD's
3. Used "hiren's boot cd 15.2" to check the hardrive with "tensile" - says the harddrive is 100% healthy :)
4. Tried to Boot ubunto with a USB Boot - working good :)
what on earth is going on?
thanks!

Solution
Can you get into the bios with no probs? Can you turn on the advanced boot menu(f8)?
When booting up, lay your ear on the laptop, just above the hdd location and listen for unusual sounds( clicks, whines, vibrations...) ..see if disk is fine...

Kris Degruytere

Estimable
Jun 13, 2014
Can you get into the bios with no probs? Can you turn on the advanced boot menu(f8)?
When booting up, lay your ear on the laptop, just above the hdd location and listen for unusual sounds( clicks, whines, vibrations...) ..see if disk is fine...

Solution