Asus laptop wont turn on after dust cleaning

imgettingwicked

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017
Hi there,

I've already read and tried the suggestions from similar threads, I'm posting this in case someone may figure out something I have missed.

I've got an asus x555 laptop with i3 processor and 820 nvidia graphic card.

I've replaced the hdd with a samsung SSD a few months ago and upgraded from 4 to 12 gb rams.

Everything good. A few weeks ago I went and bought a caddy to replace the CD room with the old hdd.

I asked the repairshop to assembly it themselves.

They did.

Went home, few days later I started hearing a weird fan noise as if it was scratching something so I decided to take it to another pc repair shop to troubleshoot the cause.

He said I would need a dust cleaning and paste replacement so I said fine.

The next day he calls me and tells me it was full of dust and the paste was very very dry so he cleaned and replaced everything and that the noise fan was cause by the fact that the thingy that wraps the cooler was slightly bent in once place, and he fixed that as well, but that now the laptop wont turn on.

So I went there, he removed the battery, the hard disk and the SSD, everything except the motherboard with the fan and plugged in directly into the wall.

He used that electricity meter to detect tension on the board so there was electricity around the motherboard, but when the would try to press the power on button nothing happens, no fan, no noise, no start nothing - dead.

Not even the leds light up even if the current seems to be getting to the place of the motherboard where the leds connect.

Now he said to leave it with him one more day to see what he can do about it.

I AM REALLY PISSED OFF as the laptop worked prefectly before I took it to the repair shop for the dust cleaning even with all the dust and the dried paste, now it wont turn on.

What should I do next?

Worst case scenario? buy another motherboard, another laptop? Should i ask him to contribute as well?

Solution
these Asus x series are not that great and if reset did not help it could be CPU gone. and the problem is you cant change it because its integrated on the motherboard
but from another side, it could be also power supplies died on a motherboard. I would recommend looking for a good shop who knows something about motherboard repairs. :)

sandlan

Prominent
Nov 19, 2017
these Asus x series are not that great and if reset did not help it could be CPU gone. and the problem is you cant change it because its integrated on the motherboard
but from another side, it could be also power supplies died on a motherboard. I would recommend looking for a good shop who knows something about motherboard repairs. :)

Solution