ASUS Laptop Won't Turn On/Boot/Blackscreen

cyberwaki

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017
Before anything else, thank you for viewing my post and possibly providing a solution to my problem. You see, my ASUS X441NC GA016T, won't turn on anymore after I drained its battery while playing some video games. I charged it overnight, and the very next morning it won't turn on/off. The power LED indicator is blinking with a 5 second interval, while the battery LED is just constantly flashing.

Some points:
*Can't remove the battery, because it's built-in.
*This is the first time that this had happened.
*I've tried pressing the power button for 120 seconds already. Nothing is working and the lights are still there, and is not shutting down.
*There is no "pin" button at the bottom to reset the internal battery.

Help

Solution
The battery being built in doesn't mean it isn't removable or replaceable, it just means it would take care and effort to do so. However, if the laptop is still under warranty, do not try the following. Contact the manufacturer instead.

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop. You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the issue.

Should that not be the problem, then check...
The battery being built in doesn't mean it isn't removable or replaceable, it just means it would take care and effort to do so. However, if the laptop is still under warranty, do not try the following. Contact the manufacturer instead.

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop. You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the issue.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

NOTE: While the battery may be complicated to get to, it should be removable/replaceable. Unless it is under warranty, then you should contact the manufacturer.

Solution
Maybe. However, you can't do the first 1-5 steps with the battery in. It might work if the battery has been empty for a while. Depends on the device. However, once it has run out of power, then you will still need to determine if it is the charger or the battery.

cyberwaki

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017
So, I eventually drained the battery by using its ports as an outlet for charging purposes. So the battery LED and power LED both died. And now, when I charge it, it all just shows a red glow from the Battery LED, and the power LED has no light. And when I try to hold the power button for 10 seconds at that state, the battery LED altogether vanishes.

Any thoughts?