Asus laptop wont turn on

iLLmatics

Estimable
Oct 9, 2015
My asus laptop model (X551M) wont turn on. The problem happened when i tried restarting the laptop and it was taking ages to restart so i pressed the power button to turn off the computer and when i turned it off and powered it back up, it had said something that the computer wasn't turned off properly and that i had to wait a bit to restart again, the computer still wouldnt restart and i was waiting for half an hour so i pressed the power button to turn it off and has never turned on ever since. When i press the power button, the light turns on and 2 secs later if turns off. When i plug the adapter, lights come up like if its charging. Ive tried every solution and can't manage to turn on the computer. I've tried plugging out the battery, and adapter and holding the power button for 30secs or more and nothing happens, been having this problem for about 3 months already.

Solution

NerdyComputerGuy

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Evening,

Yeah, holding the power button down (even in extreme like the computer has crashed circumstances) can severely damage one your OS and two your hard drive.

Boot up the computer and repeatedly press F8 until a list of options come up, (if the computer starts beeping then stop). First try and boot in safe mode and see if that works, if that doesn't work then select 'Repair my computer', enter your login details and press the option that reads something like this (I can't remember) "Fix startup issues".

It will then scan the computer and see if it can fix any problems that it finds.

Post back results here.

Many thanks,

iLLmatics

Estimable
Oct 9, 2015

Hey man,

I tried booting up while repeatedly pressing F8 & nothing shows up on the screen

The light at the bottom of the computer turns on when i press the power button but 2 secs it turns off

Also, when i press the power button i hear a little beeping sound

NerdyComputerGuy

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013

Hi again,

What sort of beeping sound exactly?

Does it beep more than twice?

Regards,

Solution

iLLmatics

Estimable
Oct 9, 2015