Solved! Asus laptop

Jun 14, 2019
I was using my Asus laptop fine without any issue today for work. I plugged in to charge because I saw battery was low when I noticed the battery wasn't charging but kept getting lower. When I clicked over battery status it said plugged but discharging. I played around with ac adapter changed outlets thinking it could be that. I kept working though because I was closed to clocking out. When my laptop shut off. I have it charging not using at all and it seems to want to turn on but shuts off again. What can I do?

Solution
Try leaving it off and let it site to charge for a 'while' (hours is best). See if it will charge.

If it does, then you likely have a charger that is going bad. It charging only when turned off is a typical sign of a charger that is dying/damaged. However, if it still won't charge when turned off either, then you are looking at either a new battery or a charging circuit problem. In that case you would start with replacing the battery and if that doesn't cut it, then have a tech look at it to see if the motherboard will need replacing.
Try leaving it off and let it site to charge for a 'while' (hours is best). See if it will charge.

If it does, then you likely have a charger that is going bad. It charging only when turned off is a typical sign of a charger that is dying/damaged. However, if it still won't charge when turned off either, then you are looking at either a new battery or a charging circuit problem. In that case you would start with replacing the battery and if that doesn't cut it, then have a tech look at it to see if the motherboard will need replacing.

Solution