Asus Limited warranty w/ switched out ram

thepuregamer

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
Hi, I bought a Asus laptop and upgraded the ram. Now a little more than a year later the laptop won't post and only the optical drive makes noise. I am beyond the 1 year limited warranty but since I bought it with an amex, I am still within their extended warranty.

Problem is, I foolishly cannot remember where I left the original ram. If I send it in with different ram, will they void the warranty? What if I send it back with ram the same size as the original ram?

Solution
if you upgraded the ram yourself, there are usually 'special' screws that tell the manufacturer if the laptop has been opened and if the warranty is void.

it is worth trying anyway. no point trying to replace the ram as your luck depends on whether they check the ram or not, and they won't be confused by 'same size' ram, etc. if they don't check, you're alright.

jbseven

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
if you upgraded the ram yourself, there are usually 'special' screws that tell the manufacturer if the laptop has been opened and if the warranty is void.

it is worth trying anyway. no point trying to replace the ram as your luck depends on whether they check the ram or not, and they won't be confused by 'same size' ram, etc. if they don't check, you're alright.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS