ASUS N45SF still hiding their geForce

bfk1298

Honorable
May 21, 2012
8
0
10,510
0
Hi guys , i got this laptop from my mom. Im really like it, good audio sound and design shape. Look like 84% perfect from any side. For me, only a gpu problem was kill the other 16% . But I still dont know what the main problem is. Confused.

The problem was , system will freezes and need to power off after 15 min gaming (with GT555 push max). BIOS is latest 1 , nVidia driver 327.23 . All driver are latest.

Until today I need underclocked my GT555 core clock from 675 to 600..after that, all game run fine ,, sometimes still freezing....

Anyone can help me ? I really have no idea about this
 

cklaubur

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
150
0
18,710
27
Can you get the temperatures of the GPU?

If I was to take a guess at your problem, I'd lean toward overheating. Especially since underclocking seemed to fix it.

Casey
 

bfk1298

Honorable
May 21, 2012
8
0
10,510
0
GPU temp maybe ok to run without crash, bcoz still around 75-90c at max. But , otherwise, a cpu temp look really easy to hot, bcoz I just apply new thermal paste on both chip, at idle around 43-47c , then after 1 week , I got 60-65c easily....for 1 week all changed.....
I haved monitor all time the GPU and CPU temp...Most hot cpu reached is 93c...LOL..
What u think ?
 

cklaubur

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
150
0
18,710
27
GPU temps may be fine, but depending on your CPU model, you temp may be getting too high. Your laptop had mobile processors from the Core I3, I5, and I7 families available, and according to CPU-World, the maximum temperature is 85c for the I3s and 100c for the I5s and I7s.

If you can get to the heatsink, I'd make sure all the dust is cleaned out, aand possibly replace the thermal interface material.

Casey
 

bfk1298

Honorable
May 21, 2012
8
0
10,510
0
Yeah, maybe 93c not gud for me , maybe my cpu was getting heat too much , so I need to clean out all dusk around my heatsink also putting new thermalpaste on chip. Anyway , last week I just replaced a new thermalpaste on it , cheap one. Now u pls suggest me the best themalpaste I can get.
 

bfk1298

Honorable
May 21, 2012
8
0
10,510
0
But maybe overheat are not the cause issues there, another time I run with 70c on cpu, system also freezes on gaming. I see the gpu was switch from hd3000 to gt555 for 15min then it switch back to hd3000 !! This was make freezes !! My driver was updated latest, so now I totally confused....
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop Tech Support 0
Jadex Laptop Tech Support 3
F Laptop Tech Support 0
s1b1 Laptop Tech Support 0
G Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 0
GogetaBlue42 Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 4
J Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 7
N Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 10
snowctrl Laptop Tech Support 5
A Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 3
G Laptop Tech Support 5
W Laptop Tech Support 6

ASK THE COMMUNITY