Asus N550 laptop warranty question

DreamC

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
Hi. I own Asus N550JK laptop and it broke (again).

The thing is that I had it repaired during it's warranty period three times already (don't remember what exactly they changed, but I think that the only "old" thing is the chassis). This month, it would be the 30-th month from manufacture date according to the serial number, which starts from E3, it broke again. The symptom is approximately the same as in the previous time - first it shut down with some kind of a clicking sound and won't boot at all, even coolers won't start (should notice that previously they repaired something related to the power controller).

So my question is - is there any way to get it repaired using the warranty or not? This is the first time any piece of electronics I own brakes more than once and in such a short term.
And why is the official repair price so high? For the same price I can buy a new model of this laptop and get another 2 years of warranty.

Thanks for any advice!

Solution
Were it me, I would definitely try filing a complaint. If it is having the same problem over and over, they should have a record of the times you have had to return it, for the exact same issue. Just it might take some effort on your part. Most places, well the CSRs that take the calls will usually try their best to keep you from getting to someone higher or who can do something. I hate to say that, and not all do, but many are like that. So you may have to push your way up the chain a bit over it.

And, that is a crazy amount for a fix. You can buy a new computer for that. SMH. Don't give yourself a headache over trying to get them to do the right thing, but at least give it a try. :)
Well the warranty should go from the date of purchase, not from the date the computer was made. If you have contacted them numerous times about the same problem, I would just try contacting them again. Can't hurt. Press them, speak to supervisors if you must, about the fact that it has happened numerous times and they should have replaced it before, rather than repaired it. There is usually a way around the cost issue if it is a repeating problem that occurred multiple times while under warranty.

DreamC

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
@webworkings
The thing is - I don't remember the exact time I bought it. All I know is that (according to their FAQ) 30 months from manufacture will end next month.
I already contacted them beforehand, they referred me to that FAQ, so I sent them the notebook and after that they said that the repair will cost approx 850 euro (as for me this price is ridiculous, as I will buy a new notebook for the money, and that notebook will be of the same lineup but newer).
BUT the most annoying thing is that the notebook broke 3 times before and this is the 4-th. I don't think this quality is acceptable.
Should I try filing a complain to them?

Were it me, I would definitely try filing a complaint. If it is having the same problem over and over, they should have a record of the times you have had to return it, for the exact same issue. Just it might take some effort on your part. Most places, well the CSRs that take the calls will usually try their best to keep you from getting to someone higher or who can do something. I hate to say that, and not all do, but many are like that. So you may have to push your way up the chain a bit over it.

And, that is a crazy amount for a fix. You can buy a new computer for that. SMH. Don't give yourself a headache over trying to get them to do the right thing, but at least give it a try. :)

Solution