Asus n56d laptop will not turn on, help.

Mike_117

Estimable
Nov 22, 2015
I used my laptop last night no problem. I closed the lid, and I assume it went into sleep mode. I went to turn it on today and it flashed on with all the lights and immediately turned off. I've checked the power supply with a multimeter and it's fine. I've tried a static discharge, but nothing. Sometimes it will turn on and off if and only if I have the battery in it. Also the chaging light is on when plugged in. I've seen posts about it being the motherboard, but when it flashes on it seems like it will start but that battery is dead or something. What else could it be?

Hi,

Here are more troubleshooting steps that you can try that may help in resolving the issue.
- Do a hard reset first, remove the battery (if not built in) and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then see first if it will boot up.
- If it doesn't work do test the AC adapter first using a multi tester if it's supplying enough voltage to power the laptop or charge it. Better yet you can try another AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if that will work or not.
- Next is to reseat the RAM, take them all off for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are seated properly.
- If all these will not work I would suggest contacting Asus support first for a repair if it's still under the factory warranty.