ASUS N56VJ W8.1 unable to burn DVDs

Eric Stishan

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
I'm a wedding videographer, so burning DVDs is an incredibly important part of my business. I am in love with my machine aside from this little issue. I sent it in for repairs 3 weeks ago. I received it back this past Friday with a fresh install of Windows 8 and a new optical drive installed. I boot everything up, same problem.

My troubleshooting steps: I have reset my BIOS, ASUS reset Windows, checked for drivers, uninstalled/reinstalled the drive, tried multiple programs (Windows Explorer, Adobe Encore, and a myriad of free burners I don't remember off the top of my head), manually altering the registry, running CCleaner, installing Intel Chipset from the ASUS website, using multiple brands of DVDs....I think that's it.

The most recent error that Windows gave me was "The disc image didn't burn correctly because an error occured. (Error code: 0x8007045D). The laptop itself is:
Asus N56VJ-DH71
Intel i7 3630QM
8gb RAM
Windows 8.1

Eric Stishan

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013

Thanks for the recommendation. I gave it a shot, and it hangs at .1% and says "Burn Error: Aborting. Hardware Error 9216"

Any further ideas? Please help?