Asus not charging, plugged in no light

RazzleDazz

Estimable
Aug 10, 2015
I was on my asus laptop till the battery died and left it plugged in to charge overnight. Only it didn't charge, the light didnt even show up and the laptop won't turn on. The laptop is only a about a year old and was working great before. The battery held good charge, it didn't overheat, the keyboard didn't allow much dust to get in, I don't know what happened or how to fix it. I tried different outlets and different chargers but nothing works.

Solution
Hi,

First, remove the battery and see if the laptop will power on with just the AC adapter plugged in to it. If not do a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 secs. Put the battery back in then see if it does power on. If it does, put the battery back in and see if it charges.
Hi,

First, remove the battery and see if the laptop will power on with just the AC adapter plugged in to it. If not do a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 secs. Put the battery back in then see if it does power on. If it does, put the battery back in and see if it charges.

Solution