Asus: Our Netbooks Are More Popular than iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

reklatsa

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
So, does the accompanying sexist picture suggest Tampons are more popular than Sanitary Pads? Storage is different but both serve the same purpose.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]vant[/nom]Uh wha? Data on the iPad is stored locally. That's why its available in 16/32/64GB.[/citation]

Just because it has a hard drive and stores data locally doesn't mean it isn't a cloud computing device.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
The iPad was designed to empty pockets. Asus is right though netbook's are far more practical between the two so they certainly should be more popular between the two. I'd pick a netbook over a iPad especially if it were a ION and/or tablet based netbook.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Alot of talk about nothing. Good luck with your new tablet, your going to need it cause Apple is the best when it comes to portable devices. They are kicking everyones butt right now and i don't see that changeing anytime soon.

G

Just wait for the new HP Palm-PAQ to arrive and then you'll see.... ;-)

worl

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
Dunno what I would do with an Ipad, on the other hand I got plenty of work for my EEE and my Itouch pretty much fill my need for aluminium plated gimmicks.

G

"Reklatsa
So, does the accompanying sexist picture suggest Tampons are more popular than Sanitary Pads? Storage is different but both serve the same purpose"

actually no, a great deal of the application for the apps on the iPhone et al store their information for users in the cloud, the device merely becomes a gateway to access this information, kinda like FB, dont matter what you use to access ur FB account they all have access to the same set of information and at no time does any of that information get stored on a local level, the iPad really isn't a mobile computing platform but rather a mobile cloud portal, thus the low hardware specs and closed OS

our good friend at asus believe (rightly or wrongly that their netbooks are mobile computing platform rather then just cloud portals

G

He is right though. We have never seen a Tablet really create a strong case that a lot of users want that type of device. Apple tends to create initial hype for something. But it will depend on how much early adopters like it that will set its adoption down the road. In my own opinion I think the iPad has limited appeal and usefulness just as the Netbook has turned out to be.

thepetey

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
I like how the article says that "eePC netbook series will be more popular than Apple's iPad"

but the title says that they ARE more popular... misleading. hmm

segio526

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
I thought everyone was saying that the iPad failed because it only sold 300,000 units the fist day. Looks like someone got some Apple Kool-Aid

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
[citation][nom]vant[/nom]Uh wha? Data on the iPad is stored locally. That's why its available in 16/32/64GB.[/citation]

What a dumbass.

if you don't know how something works, how about stfu and keep those BS to your own dumb self ?

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]Alot of talk about nothing. Good luck with your new tablet, your going to need it cause Apple is the best when it comes to portable devices. They are kicking everyones butt right now and i don't see that changeing anytime soon.[/citation]

People are sad these days, as long as the device has Apple's logo on it, even inside is a piece of shit people will still fight till' death to try to lay their hands on it.

Who cares, I know I never bought any "shit" if you know what I mean and never will.

deck

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
Cloud computing does not appeal to me. I have no interest in giving more control to the likes of Google and Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.