ASUS power issues

Mossy89305

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016
My ASUS laptop quit working 2 days ago. I thought it was a bad charger/power supply and bought a new one. When the new "brick" is plugged only into the wall, the green LED is on solid. When I plug it into the laptop is dims greatly and barely flashes. I have tried the battery removal trick and the button holding trick. My battery hasn't charge in years and the laptop is 5 years old this month. Any ideas on what happened and to try to get it to turn on? Am guessing I need to remove the hard drive to get my data if I buy a new one.

It could be a few things. The charger cord, the charger port, the charging circuit, etc. If you have been running it off just the charger cord, no battery, then that also could have caused damage.

You have the option of opening it up and checking all the listed (above) items to see if any are damaged. For the port, it would be connected to the motherboard, so it would be that you would check. However, if you don't want to do the work, or pay someone to do it, then your best option would be a new device.

Mossy89305

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016

Thanks, it was an internal issue with the mother board. Replaced the lap top.