Asus PT2001 AiO no boot, no BIOS

HiddenKnight

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
Code:
I purchased an Asus AiO about a year an a half ago. The model is PT-2001. I never had any issue with it till now.

Running windows 10, I let it update on its own. I hadn't used it for a week about 30 days ago. I came to my PC and noticed it was turned off, which after an update it does.

I powered it up. It hit the Asus splash screen, but no bios boot message following (press FN xx to enter bios or FN xx to get to boot menu). I never saw this screen. Following the splash screen, which stayed up for less than 2 seconds, usually its 5-10 seconds long, I saw a black screen. I didn't even see illumination from the screen but I heard the fan spinning.

I took it apart just to get to the CMOS, unplugged it and let it bleed off. I returned 5 minutes later, plugged it back in and powered it up. It booted!!!

3 days later, I'm right back where I started. So I took the liberty to replace the CR 2032 battery and I'm still at the same problem. Anyone have any idea what to do at this point?

An RMA is most likely not going to happen now since I've opened the unit.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that I suggested to others that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still not boot up, remove the battery off the laptop then connect just the AC adapter and see if it will boot up or not.
- Do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage.
- Next to try is to reseat the RAM's, remove then all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Do also test each RAM's stick one at a time chances 1 RAM stick is just faulty.
- Another test would be to connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it or not.
- And if all these will not work that means the motherboard is the problem already.

HiddenKnight

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016

So I've attempted all. I am extremely sad. There is one 8GB ram stick, reseated and nothing. CMOS reset again, nothing. Battyer disconnected and renabled, as week as a different power source. Everything has been checked off, no result.