ASUS q200e No signs of life

Fadedmisanthrope

Estimable
May 4, 2014
i have this laptop just laying around. No signs of life what so ever when plugged in. I figured it could be the power jack battery or motherboard gone bad. I don't know how to tell for sure which one it is any ideas?

Solution
Hi,

First do a hard reset with it, remove the battery and charger then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug just the charge back in and see if the laptop turns on normally. If still won't power on and there's no light or what so ever on the laptop that could be the motherboard already. Lastly if you have another laptop or a friend that has the same AC adapter please do try it as well because that's the only way you can really tell if it's the charger or the motherboard but if there's none you need to use a voltage tester to test the AC adapter itself.
Hi,

First do a hard reset with it, remove the battery and charger then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug just the charge back in and see if the laptop turns on normally. If still won't power on and there's no light or what so ever on the laptop that could be the motherboard already. Lastly if you have another laptop or a friend that has the same AC adapter please do try it as well because that's the only way you can really tell if it's the charger or the motherboard but if there's none you need to use a voltage tester to test the AC adapter itself.

Solution