ASUS Q302L Not turning on (Charge LED still lit)

Cameron_40

Commendable
Sep 28, 2016
Hi,

Yesterday my ASUS Q302L Notebook/PC was working fine. I updated to the most recent Windows 10 OS yesterday (it went through the hour and a half long "your PC will restart several times" mumbo jumbo, so it was bigger than your usual update). And overall, my laptop seemed to be running smoothly following the update. Flash forward to today, and as I was watching a YouTube video, not even running very many processes, I noticed that my mouse disappeared. The touchscreen still worked, so I attempted to quickly close out of my programs and restart, as I figured the mouse drivers had just stopped responding. But slowly the touchscreen, keyboard, and explorer.exe all together stopped responding. Bizarrely enough, the fliplock on the screen continued to function, rotating the laptop screen to match the orientation of the device, but the display would get a bit distorted (half the screen showing the frozen image still in the previous orientation and half of it showing the frozen image in the new orientation). The power button would not function, so I could not hard reset. Having no other option, I had to remove the back cover of the laptop and unplug the battery. I did so, holding the power button in to clear the RAM. But, after doing so and plugging the battery back in, the laptop still would not boot via the power button. Plugging the battery back in resulted in the white LED lighting up, and using the AC adapter resulted in the orange charging LED to light up. But the power still will not come on. The laptop is a month over 2 years old (warranty expired). It was working just fine yesterday, and now it appears to be completely dead. I need advice!

Solution
Yes, i know you did something similar, but this is the order it should be in.

Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
5. If it does, great, now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in. Yes sometimes they will turn on, or try to turn on, even with nothing attached/plugged in.)
6. Now put the battery back in.

Yes, i know you did something similar, but this is the order it should be in.

Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
5. If it does, great, now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in. Yes sometimes they will turn on, or try to turn on, even with nothing attached/plugged in.)
6. Now put the battery back in.

Solution