ASUS Q304UAK laptop not booting on battery charge after water damage, runs only on AC power

Aug 20, 2018
1
0
10
0
Hello, I have an ASUS Q304UAK laptop. Recently due to an unfortunate incident, some water spilled on it while it was inside my laptop bag. After taking it out and when it did not turn on, I opened the back cover and could see traces of water under the battery (after removing it). I dried it with hot air and then replaced the components. The laptop boots through AC power but doesn't work on battery (as soon as the ac cord is removed, it shuts off). While plugged in, it shows plugged in, charging but it's stuck at 87 %. I downloaded Battery Bar, a utility to check battery health and charging details which shows the Charge Rate as 0 mW. I am wondering what could have gone wrong, is it the battery (hopefully since it's cheaper to replace) or the motherboard?
 
Could be the battery, could be damaged to its connection to the laptop, could have fried the charging circuit.

Did you leave it to dry well beyond your using of a drier? Like for days? If not, then there may have been liquid elsewhere that you didn't see/notice.

You can try replacing the battery itself. Just be smart and don't get an after market one. That can lead to a whole other host of issues. However you may want to check the motherboard for any damage first. If it is the charging circuit then a new battery won't fix a thing.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Laptop Tech Support 0
YoussefChi Laptop Tech Support 3
N Laptop Tech Support 1
Rishabh103 Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 0
K Laptop Tech Support 1
BKHS Laptop Tech Support 2
Poxeh Laptop Tech Support 3
F Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 1
Jero_0001 Laptop Tech Support 1
TKU Laptop Tech Support 1
chippy-mx Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 1
awesomeballer69 Laptop Tech Support 0
ElPerroMalo Laptop Tech Support 5
zammil33 Laptop Tech Support 11
baakudai Laptop Tech Support 5
sailsmanroth Laptop Tech Support 10

ASK THE COMMUNITY