ASUS Q524UQ Laptop refuses to charge after Battery insta-drained while plugged in and fully charged

BrightRaven210

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014
So I was playing Battlefield 1 when all of a sudden my screen's image ripped and went black, the game sound distorted and broken. I checked the power button and found that the light for the battery was blinking orange and that the laptop was still on, but I was getting no visible response on the monitor.

I tried to turn it off and turn it back on in hopes that it was just a Windows crash. But when I tried to turn it on, I heard it give the typical small electric buzz of the power button, but it ended up just gasping in failure, unable to turn on. I tried this a few times, with the cord plugged and unplugged, before giving up and leaving it unplugged.

An hour later, I tried it again and lo and behold, IT WAS ALIVE! It turned on like normal and only had 10% battery. I thought I'd just plug in the AC cord and then hop back into Battlefield 1 but that quickly changed when I found that the AC cord wasn't charging it. Upon this discovery, I quickly shut off my laptop and began to consult the interwebs.

I wish I could pull out the battery or strip the laptop down, but all the internal components are shielded by a single flat portion of the case (a.k.a. the bottom) that requires the owner to remove it via unscrewing 10 extremely ludicrously minuscule hex screws that must be extracted with a tool of matching proportions and equally minute chance of finding it locally. I also don't have any way to test the AC cord on another laptop or something.

I'm also wondering how this could have happened since I put the laptop through much more tedious tasks than just running a Battlefield game.

PLUS I JUST GOT THIS LAPTOP LIKE TWO MONTHS AGO!

Solution
Forgot to update this to say that the issue has been resolved.

Apparently, there had been a power surge at the time and my computer shut itself down to protect itself, somehow also draining itself of power. The power surge also succeeded in placing all the wall sockets in my dorm's lobby in a sort of standby/dead sleep state, thus causing me to be unable to charge my laptop in that location. Only found this out at around midnight that same day when I half-heartedly attempted to charge my laptop in my room, only to succeed much to my delightful surprise.
Well if you just got this device it is still under warranty, so you really should contact the manufacturer about the problem. As, should you attempt to fix anything physical on it yourself, then you would void the warranty. And, while they usually don't include things like charger cords and batteries after a certain point, I am sure they would still since it has only be a couple of months.

BrightRaven210

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014
Forgot to update this to say that the issue has been resolved.

Apparently, there had been a power surge at the time and my computer shut itself down to protect itself, somehow also draining itself of power. The power surge also succeeded in placing all the wall sockets in my dorm's lobby in a sort of standby/dead sleep state, thus causing me to be unable to charge my laptop in that location. Only found this out at around midnight that same day when I half-heartedly attempted to charge my laptop in my room, only to succeed much to my delightful surprise.

Solution