Solved! Asus Q550LF keyboard keeps pressing enter by itself

_jm

Apr 20, 2018
Hello guys, i'm new here.
I need help with my laptop. Whenever my keyboard is enabled, after pressing some keys like x, it is automatically followed by long sequence of enters until I press another key to stop it. It causes a lot of problems for me as the persistent enter makes my laptop operate itself. I tried driver hacks(uninstall, reinstall) but it does not work. Also on windows my touchpad also seems to ignore left click or even double tap intermittently until I tap any key on the keyboard but right click or two finger tap always work.
I stopped suspecting drivers cos it does the same on Linux and even BIOS.
Also sometime early last year, my little bro spilled water on my laptop but it was cleaned up and back to normal.
Sometimes the whole issue stops for months and then continues.
Please I need help as I can't type with my keyboard without the enter screwing everything up.

Thank you.

Solution

Since you tried it on different OS versions I don't see what else you can try aside from a different keyboard. Looks like you can get a keyboard without the full top https://www.battery-adapter.com/product_info.php/products_id/205880/vQ550LF

_jm

Apr 20, 2018
Sorry hang-the-9 for down voting, its was a mistake.... The keyboard connectors are firmly in place.
Also all the keys work except for the persistent enter, is replacing keyboard really the only option cos its gonna cost me since it'll be like replacing the whole keyboard top casing for this laptop.

Since you tried it on different OS versions I don't see what else you can try aside from a different keyboard. Looks like you can get a keyboard without the full top https://www.battery-adapter.com/product_info.php/products_id/205880/vQ550LF

Solution

_jm

Apr 20, 2018
Thanks bro, I'll check that out.
The keyboard has started functioning properly again so I'll manage it till it becomes dead. Though I have no idea why its working again.