ASUS Q553 Laptop Freezing - Windows 10

Jamlpr

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016
I bought my laptop yesterday and it has locked up completely three times today. Only way to get it working again is to hard reset it. Two of the times I was playing the same game, so I thought maybe it was just the game. So I tried playing something on Steam instead and boom, locked up again about ten minutes in to the game.

I am currently running a test on my hard drive to see if maybe I just got a shitty HDD from the manufacturer.

I was hoping maybe on of you tech experts could give me any other advice!

Thank you,
Chris

Solution
A system freezing is not typically a hardware problem. Hopefully the updated graphics drivers continue to treat you well! If not, try a restore point or the factory recovery (note that your data will be lost on the latter), and then see whether there is any rhyme or reason to the freezing (duration, maybe a certain temperature range, etc.).

Jamlpr

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016

Yeah, that was my initial thought. I updated the graphics drivers though and haven't had the issue so far. Thank you though!

A system freezing is not typically a hardware problem. Hopefully the updated graphics drivers continue to treat you well! If not, try a restore point or the factory recovery (note that your data will be lost on the latter), and then see whether there is any rhyme or reason to the freezing (duration, maybe a certain temperature range, etc.).

Solution