ASUS r510j wont start and pink sound inside

hrp077

Commendable
Sep 28, 2016
few days ago my asus r510j notebook didnt turn on.it worked fine last night.then i took it to the shop where i bought it.and it was turning on & working fine.so i came back home and next morning i tried to turn on but it wont.i handed it over to the service center and they checked it including the power adapter and told me no issue.so i brought it yesterday night and it was working fine.but this morning it wont.

Solution
Hi, i have actually the same problem, it appeared after i changed my HDD in a SSD, when it arrived you just have to click in to F, it will take you on the BIOS of your computer, go on BOOT then enter on jour option boot 1, SAVE your boot, then go to SAVE AND QUIT, your computer will restart normally. Sorry two month later.. hope it wiil help
Personally it arrived sometimes i think maybe when an usb is plugged in
Have you tried turning it on without the battery in? If the cord is a problem (even though they said it wasn't) it could be damaged so much so that it isn't giving enough power to start the device, or start/run it while a battery needing charging is in. The only way to test that would be to try and start it up and run it without the battery in. If it works, then you should also look into seeing if it will charge the battery when the laptop is completely turned off. If both work, then you need a new cord.

hrp077

Commendable
Sep 28, 2016
I tried turning it on without the battery but it doesnt. When i connect the charger with the battery in,the charging LED is okay. But it doesnt go off when i unplug the charger from it. It goes off only when i remove the battery. And everytime i press the power button,it makes a pink sound inside until i remove the battery or the charger. I'm so helpless right now.

hrp077

Commendable
Sep 28, 2016
I could hear a noise inside. Apperently it comes out from the left corner of the laptop.
No sounds of a fan or a hard drive. I can't guess which part does give that sound. No lights. Just the charging bulb when plugged in. I explained it in a previous answer.
And oh, that day when i took it to the shop,i tried to turn it on severel times at home but it didn't, i folded it and took it to the shop. It was about 3 hours long to take it to the shop. But when i was at the shop and gave it to the shop owner, omg it was in sleep mode. When he opened the screen it worked fine.

It sounds like that may be your problem. It is going into sleep mode. Hence my extra questions for clarification. If it is doing this on its own, I would check the sleep settings first. See if you can turn them off, and if that will resolve the problem. Also, when you shut it down, I would make sure you are actually shutting it down. Just closing the lid usually doesn't, and actually hitting the power button usually just puts it to sleep as well. Be sure to use "Start" and then "Shut Down" and see if it then will turn on normally. If it does, then the problem is the way it is normally being shut off, which isn't really shutting it off, and is leaving it sleeping.

hrp077

Commendable
Sep 28, 2016
First at all it should turn on right?it doesn't. I tried yesterday,day before yesterday and today. I could check the settings but first it should turn on to do all these.
Another thing, when it doesn't turn on,there's no same noise when the battery is in and when it isn't. The noise inside is lower when there's no battery and comnected to the adapter. I don't think that's a problem. Just to know.

Marin_dbx

Commendable
Dec 2, 2016
Hi, i have actually the same problem, it appeared after i changed my HDD in a SSD, when it arrived you just have to click in to F, it will take you on the BIOS of your computer, go on BOOT then enter on jour option boot 1, SAVE your boot, then go to SAVE AND QUIT, your computer will restart normally. Sorry two month later.. hope it wiil help
Personally it arrived sometimes i think maybe when an usb is plugged in

Solution