ASUS ROG G501 or DELL XPS 15 9550 or DELL INSPIRION 15 7000!!!

A_y_m_a_n

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
I have spent over 100 hours researching different laptops and different specifications and i just cannot decide what to buy!

I'm a third year architect and require to use AUTO CAD the ADOBE SUITE and 3DS Max with ease and speed ( rendering on 3ds should be possible but doesnt have to be lightning fast )

I had chosen the ASUS ROG G751JT but decided that the shocking battery life wasnt going to cut it for me .... I then looked a the G501 as a smaller, cheaper and more portable alternative. ...

Then i set eyes on the new DELL XPS 15 and its just beautiful, has a decent GPU and is super portable etc ... i convinced myself that despite the price if i really need a system thats super powerfu in the future investing is a self made desktop will be much more sensible and efficient .....

So in your opinions is the DELL XPS 15 9550 worth the extra £400 over the ASUS G501 for the smaller but much better screen and improved portability and battery life .....

Also the new DELL INSPIRON 7000 has exactly the same specs as the XPS but has a GTX 960M 4GB ( as opposed to the 2GB ) but is only £999 whereas the XPS is £1534 .... is it worth spending that extra dosh on the infinity screen or not?

as you can see im am stuck and just dont have the time to spare deciding ...

( im not an avid gamer but enjoy paying AOE and CS and other FPS, im a designer and probably wont be continuing with architecture but in the design industry, marketing, branding etc ... )

NEED HELP

Garbis93

Estimable
Jan 19, 2016
I'm also in the same case of you ! I really don't know wich one to choose!!

There is a lot of difference between the xps15 and the G501?

And nvidea just talked about the gtx 980 MX, do you think its better to wait and the xps will have an upgrade?

notes2john

Commendable
Feb 9, 2016

I don't understand why you're suggesting a GAMING laptop. The question was for a laptop that is geared toward Professional work ie: 3DS MAX work. There was no mention as to GAMING in his research.