ASUS ROG G751 Series G751JT-CH71 vs Eluktro Pro Premium Gaming Laptop PC

Rebecca Braak

Estimable
Aug 15, 2014
I've narrowed it down to 2 laptops for gaming and need help figuring out which would be better.

$1400 is about the max I'm looking to spend. I'm not totally sure what I need to take into consideration when buying a laptop for gaming aside from the graphics card. Both laptops have the GeForce GTX 970M. I am unsure if it is better to have the dual core of the ASUS as opposed to the quad core of the Eluktro. Does the amount of RAM matter very much (8GB for the Eluktro as opposed to 16GB of the ASUS)? Any help is appreciated!

1.) ASUS ROG G751 Series G751JT-CH71 $1399 + Free Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232202

2.) Eluktro Pro Premium Gaming Laptop PC $1349 (choose 8GB of Ram)
http://www.amazon.com/i7-4720HQ-Graphics-Anti-Glare-Wireless-Performance/dp/B00UNJC4TS/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1431199958&sr=1-4&keywords=geforce+970m

Solution
Hello Rebecca Braak

I think the confusion is due to the title of the laptops in the given links. Be assured that all the Intel Core i7 processors are Quad Core.

To answer you second question about the RAM, yes the amount of RAM does matter but in all the laptops, RAM can be upgraded at any time. That being said, if you have to choose between a laptop with good graphics card and less RAM and the other laptop with huge RAM but not the latest graphics card, you should always choose the former option, i.e. the laptop with less RAM but good graphics card.

Coming to the suggestion you have asked for, since both the laptops have same configuration (with a few minute differences), you should go for ASUS ROG G751 Series G751JT-CH71.

Also, if...
Hello Rebecca Braak

I think the confusion is due to the title of the laptops in the given links. Be assured that all the Intel Core i7 processors are Quad Core.

To answer you second question about the RAM, yes the amount of RAM does matter but in all the laptops, RAM can be upgraded at any time. That being said, if you have to choose between a laptop with good graphics card and less RAM and the other laptop with huge RAM but not the latest graphics card, you should always choose the former option, i.e. the laptop with less RAM but good graphics card.

Coming to the suggestion you have asked for, since both the laptops have same configuration (with a few minute differences), you should go for ASUS ROG G751 Series G751JT-CH71.

Also, if you have a gaming laptop, it automatically becomes important to have an optical media drive (CD/DVD drive). Although many users nowadays use external CD/DVD drive, having one integrated in your laptop is always a plus, and among the two laptops, it is ASUS that beats Eluktro in this context.

Hope this helps. :)

Solution

Eluktronics

Estimable
May 20, 2015
Hi Rebecca,

I hope you don't mind my input. You've narrowed your next PC decision down to two great choices with excellent features. However, I would like to point out you've referenced our 15.6" model and the ASUS is a 17.3" model. If you'd like to compare the PC's equally, I would suggest the 17.3" model of our Eluktro Pro line. Here is a link to a similarly priced option with the 17.3" display:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X2FZWMG

Even with the above 17.3" model, there are still a few differences: Viveknayyar007 is correct that the ASUS has an optical drive and ours does not. At the same time, the ASUS ROG weighs almost 1lb more and is larger in form factor. Internally, a few key aspects is our PRO17SE offers a slightly faster Intel quad core CPU, a solid state hard drive and faster CL9 RAM as a standard feature which offers far better performance than a 1TB 7200RPM hard drive and the commonly found CL11 RAM. The G751 appears to have an Intel 7260 wireless AC network card vs the PRO17SE offers the latest Stone Peak 2 Intel 7265 wireless AC. Expandability wise, the PRO17SE can handle a total of four SSD's. All of the mounting hardware is included should you choose to upgrade in the future and is easily accessible with the removal of the back panel. The ASUS offers a red backlit keyboard with highlighted WASD red key shafts whereas ours has a white backlit keyboard with respective arrows on the WASD keys. One could argue the consistent highlighted red shafts could be distracting to the eyes in the dark, especially if this PC is intended for the high performance benefits rather than full time gaming. The ROG has a 1.2MP HD webcam vs the PRO17SE has a 2MP full HD webcam. Two other features you will not find with the ROG is a fingerprint reader and the option for Windows 7 Professional direct from the factory. I hope I've assisted with your comparison.

Thank you!

William Kiryluk
Eluktronics Inc, CEO