Asus ROG G751 too heavy?

PCnooberson

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
Im needing a laptop for college, and i was hoping for something i could game with too. Im going to be lugging the laptop around to classes obviously, but i heard this laptop is really heavy?

Should i not be getting this? Is it too heavy to hold in a backpack from class to class?

Shneiky

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
http://www.cnet.com/products/asus-rog-g751/specs/

The G751 is 3.8 KGs or 8.4 lbs. My personally do not find this an issue, but for some people more then 3 KGs of laptop is too much. It depends what you consider "heavy".

Agreed. Plus it's bulky also which is another factor if your going to use it in classes. I recommend a 15' laptop at the max for class rooms.

The G751 was designed specifically as a desktop replacement...

PCnooberson

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013

BUt thats the thing, i kinda do need a desktop replacement. dorming in college, i was wanting a machine to game heavy on. Is it really too big for a classroom?

Shneiky

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
Depends on your own personal feelings about it. I consider 17 inch 3.8 kilos something small. My girlfriend considers 15.6 inch 2.5 kgs big. It all depends on what you are ok to handle.

Oh, if that's the case then it should be ok.

I recommend the dominator GT72 pro over the G751, it has far better battery life. (because the GT72 can manually switch to IGPU.)

PCnooberson

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013

Doesnt it have a tn panel though?

Afriendlytip

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015
You can look at other laptops, geared towards multimedia, the ones that come to mind that are good for students/gamers are ones like the xps series from dell, the envy series from hp, or the Lenovo y-series. If you want to stick with the asus brand I'd recommend the ASUS N550Jx or N550JK, I am currently a sophmore in college and I actually own the N550JK. Its light weight and thin enough for me to toss it in my backpack and not notice it, and it has around 4 hours of battery life, but there's almost always outlets in class rooms. It can also play games as I've run dolphin (brawl, mariokart) with high settings and It runs at a stable 50 or 60 fps depending on the game. I can also play COD: Advanced warfare on high settings while plugged in at a stable 30fps, and on normal settings @ 30 fps when on battery power. Typically expect around one and a half to two hours of battery life if gaming. Oh and btw the N550JK features an all metal casing and a 1080p IPS touchscreen display