Question ASUS ROG G751JY SHUTS OFF RANDOMLY ON BATTERY POWER

Jun 20, 2019
Before you tell me to change the battery, it's been changed 3 times. I assumed the first few times I had just received a faulty battery before I decided to move on to the next steps.

I've replaced the motherboard. Twice.
I've reinstalled the OS. I've tried with a new hard drive. I've updated BIOS and all drivers. The battery will fully charge up and work fine when plugged in. Intermittently, it will shut off while I'm using it. I can almost ALWAYS get it to shut down on me when I press f12 repeatedly while in windows (no reason in pushing f12, I just noticed every single time I repeatedly push it, the computer shuts off on battery)

What else can I try?

Jun 20, 2019
Totally random. I could be doing nothing more than organizing folders around on my desktop, or scrolling through a news article when it happens. I assumed it was processor or heat related too, so I would turn the computer back on immediately to see if it shut back off. It almost seems like it's related to that with how it's behaving but then it goes back to some kind of power related issue. It only happens when unplugged, never when plugged in which made me think battery. Sometimes when the computer shuts off, it WONT come back on until I plug it in, but then the battery is at 30%. I've changed the motherboard and the battery though so I feel like I'm going crazy because what are the odds of the same issue with entirely new parts? But I suppose its possible. I'm just at a loss