Question Asus ROG G751JY shutting off after few seconds

Apr 1, 2020
Hello,

Today after starting my laptop and working normally on it, after a while it showed only black screen with mouse pointer on it. I managed to go into safe mode, copied all my data on external drive and turned it of normally.
On other computer I've setup bootable USB for new windows installation, took USB plugged it into laptop, pressed power button, it started and after 3 sec, it turned off.
Tried again, and happend again.
Took USB out tried to power it up, but again shut off after few seconds.
I took everything apart, removed SSD tried to start, failed. Removed HDD, failed again, removed battery only A/C powered, failed to start. Tried on one RAM, failed. Tried on second RAM, failed. Removed small battery on the other side of motherboard, waited for 30 min, connected again and tried, again after few seconds turned it self off.
I'm running out of ideas, motherboard looks fine, doesn't have any damages on it, it doesn't look that it burned or that something is gone south on it.
Also all ventilators are working, everything around CPU is in good condition. Laptop never overheated, never shut it self due to temperature or similar. Never had any issues with this laptop. Only thing that happened approx. 14 months ago is that I have changed battery (changed it with original one, not with replacement cheap ones.) and it continued to work normally till today.
On internet I see all advices are go to BIOS or update your BIOS.
How can I do that if I'm unable to get to that point.
Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions how to tackle this issue?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 1
Nayhal Laptop Tech Support 1
Mariam Yasin Laptop Tech Support 1
JeanLucG Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 8
S Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1