ASUS ROG GL502VM laptop, problems with Windows Fall Creators Update?

Feb 23, 2018
I've been having consistent fps stutters in every single game I load up for the past two and a half months. It worked perfectly before that for the two months that I owned it, but after the Windows Fall Creators Update, everything went bad.
Since then, I've done a lot of research into how to solve it, and I've tried many different things to solve it, to no avail. And since the period of time to reverse an update on Windows 10 is ten days, I no longer have the possibility of going back to an earlier build before the Windows Fall Creators Update.

Here are the specs of my laptop:
Name: ASUS ROG GL502VM
CPU: Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700HQ (2.80 GHz)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB VR Ready
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz RAM
Storage: 128 GB SATA III SSD + 1 TB HDD
Display: 15.6" FHD 1920 x 1080 G-SYNC Display
Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64-Bit ver. 1703

So this brings me to my final question for all of you wonderful people here: is it a good idea for me to buy a Windows 8.1 Professional product key, and downgrade from Windows 10 Home ver. 1703? If so, what should I do in that process?
And if anyone has other ideas for how I could fix this, I will gladly try them.

Thank you for any help provided. The fps stutters are insufferable.

(Note: I am by no means a technical genius, but if there's any requests for me to attempt, I'll do my best to provide as much information as possible.)

Solution
Go to Asus website and upgrade the mobo drivers, especially audio and Lan, but include USB and Sata. A bios update wouldn't hurt as there are microcode fixes for other issues.
Feb 23, 2018

Thank you so much for this. I found exactly what drivers were on there, although I never found the Mobo/USB/Sata driver updaters, and it actually worked. No idea which one did the trick, but I'm glad someone out there had a solution for me that worked. You're a life saver!!