ASUS ROG GL552JX or Alienware 17 R2?

ReFLeXAUS

Estimable
Nov 20, 2015
Hi everyone,
I recently got a new Asus ROG GL552 because I needed a new computer and it was on special (haven't opened the box yet). I then went online and did some research and I saw the Alienware 17 R2. I'm now thinking of exchanging my ASUS for the Alienware but I'm not sure if it's a good idea. Thanks Guys!

P.S. I am using my laptop for school stuff and (mostly) for playing Counter Strike Global Offensive.

P.P.S: The Alienware 17 I saw had an SSD + HDD, 16GB RAM, i7-4980HQ (i think) and a nVidia GTX 970M. ($2470AUD). The ASUS was an i7-4720HQ, GTX 950M, SSD and HDD and 8GB of RAM.

P.P.S. I also have a lot of USB periphrals and I kinda don't want to buy a USB Hub.

Solution
Hi, yes the alienware is quite a bit better. If you want to spend more $$ then i suggest returning your asus and getting the alienware. It is also more future prrof for newer games coming out. :)

celtic_warrior99

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014
Hi, yes the alienware is quite a bit better. If you want to spend more $$ then i suggest returning your asus and getting the alienware. It is also more future prrof for newer games coming out. :)

Solution

ReFLeXAUS

Estimable
Nov 20, 2015

Thanks! I'll look into it. ;)

BabsyBoo

Commendable
Feb 11, 2016
Hi guys, sorry to revive the thread but I am in kind of the same situation, torn between ASUS ROG ( G551/G552- G751-G752 ) or the ALIENWARE 15 R2 - 17 R2. All of them with more or less of the same specs. Not concern as much with the specs/performances but more with the brand itself and customer services, quality of components etc...
Ps : where did you find that ALIENWARE so cheap, is it one of those ebay seller? This being another point or maybe another thread totally. We are very limited in retails store, ASUS not doing online sale, their laptop only available in little computer city shop with really bad reviews. Where did you purchased yours from?
Thank you.

celtic_warrior99

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014
Hi, both brands are excellent in terms of quality and customer service. so it comes down to budget and specs. You have already said the specs are about the same, so then go with whichever one you prefer or is cheaper for you. :)