Asus ROG Intel 4600 Heating Issues

straysweeper

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2008
This may be bigger than just the 4600 with other temps as well.

System Specs
Asus Rog 750js nh71
17 inch display
i74710hq
16 gb ram
Geforce GTX 870M
1 tb 7200 HDD
16 Months old.
Windows 10.

Currently I'm doing nothing intensive other than loading windows and trying to figure this out, and I'm still hitting 81 C. While I have altered settings putting things at Dedicated to the Geforce, lowering the mhz and the voltage.

Average 56C while Not under Load. Not gaming. While gaming I hit 80 Consistantly.

My current CPU Temps are 50C, while under gaming load. (Marvel Heroes or League of Legends) I hit 80Cs.

I"m consdering reseating my heat sink, but that seems a labor intensive than i want to get ATM.

I've considered reinstalling from scratch to the windows 8.1 as well.

Any other thoughts? Drivers are upto date.

Update I ran Intel Burn Test, and Hit over 90C in CPU cores and GPU! On Standard!

Solution
It is very common for laptops to become hot due to their size. Considering you have high end specs, the temps are ok. If the temps reach 90 or above while gaming then you should consider cleaning the laptops fans and other components. Also if the laptop is compatible with win 7 or 10, I would get it as they are hugely better for gaming.
It is very common for laptops to become hot due to their size. Considering you have high end specs, the temps are ok. If the temps reach 90 or above while gaming then you should consider cleaning the laptops fans and other components. Also if the laptop is compatible with win 7 or 10, I would get it as they are hugely better for gaming.

Solution