Asus ROG Low fps help!

Jorje27

Estimable
Jul 29, 2015
Hi,
I have recently acquired an asus rog 750JW and am currently running Far Cry 4 on Windows 8.1 (I don't have an SSD). I've seen gamplays of 2014 games running at high and ultra, but I couldn't myself get them work. I'm stuck on medium with Far Cry and even there I have a stable 40 FPS. Can you guys help me out? I've noticed that the NVidia GeForce recommends me playing at a lower resolution, not in fullscreen mode, and a lot of "low" optimal settings, although I have a GTX 765M. I can't run high FPS on medium games which should frame good on high. I've reinstalled windows, used Asus GPU Tweak and suprisingly it only showed me a default of minimum GPU Clock (863 MHz) and a used memory clock of 4008 MHz. I tried dragging the slider a bit until 920 MHz and 6000 MHz but when I open Far Cry, instead of extra frames and better quality, it shows me highlighted portions and unreal colors.
I've tried almost everything, except buying an SSD, but I don't think this is the cause. Can you guys help me? Thanks a lot. :)

NB. I've realised that changing the video quality from low to high, I get only 3-4 fps capped at around 35

Compare the game requirements to your video card speed. Do not go by YouTube videos if that is what you mean by seeing gameplay, those are not always truthful as to the settings or system it's run on.

The recommended requirements (meaning those for smooth game play at good quality) for Far Cry 4 is the GTX 680 desktop card, that scored a 5715 on PassMark video test. Your 765M video card scored a 1942 on PassMark. See where the issue is?