ASUS ROG Random Shut Down On Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbhorjar

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017
I have a ASUS Rog GL552VW laptop. One year old. My laptop shuts down randomly without warning after around 1 of usage on battery power and does not start unless the charger is plugged in.After booting up it shows battery has power around 30-40% but it wont boot without charger after randomly shutting down. If I start using at 100% it shuts down at nearly 50% and if not there mostly at 30%. I checked the temperature its not above 50 degree C. And it runs does not shut down when connected to charger. My Full Charge Capacity has dropped down to 26,764 mWh from 48000 mWh over one year. I've checked power plan settings too, its at sleep after 15 mins and screen of at 5 mins. It would normally show a warning at 10% battery power before this problem. I also tried resetting power plan. I also tried to calibrate the battery, after a sudden shut down I charged it back to full, but it wont turn on until I plugged in the charger, then after it on I removed the charger and tried to drain it completely again but it shut down randomly at 64%. I'm using latest windows updates.

ASUS Rog GL552VW
i7-6700 HQ
16GB Ram
Nvidia GTX 960m 4bg
1TB HDD & 128 SSD

Solution
if you removed battery and all your problems went away, its the battery. batteries can only handle a certion number of charging and discharging cycles before they wear out. its the nature of batteries.

kbhorjar

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017

It ran without any trouble. I played FIFA15 with high graphics for 20 minutes on just charger connected. Battery was removed. Laptop didn't heat up either.

kbhorjar

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017

Maybe, but I want to be sure because some people had this same problem with other laptops, and changing batteries didn't end the issue but also it wasn't sure if the battery was the problem with their laptop.

Flashgo1

Estimable
Mar 11, 2016
if you removed battery and all your problems went away, its the battery. batteries can only handle a certion number of charging and discharging cycles before they wear out. its the nature of batteries.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.