Review Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2021
I purchased this router about a year ago due to several reviews, including this one, that claimed this router to be head and shoulders above the rest. I have had nothing but trouble with it and have had it replaced by ASUS at one point, but one of the many issues I have is with latency and stuttering/rubberbanding with both its wired and wireless connections.

Are there any particular customizations that are recommended by the experts here? ASUS recommendations are essentially turning off all the features that differentiate this router from others, and they are not quite effective either.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

donlilli4

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
I have had my Asus AX-11000 now for nearly 2 years. I got it because the internal traffic levels of my house were getting too busy and generating lots of buffering issues because of processing delays on my old Linksys WRT-1900AC router.

The one thing that you need to make sure of is that the Firmware is up to date. The early firmwares were not completely working or had bugs. The latest firmware looks to have made the router far more efficient. Also, update your network device drivers if possible. On tablets and smartphones this is done through the device's software updates. On the laptop and desktop computers this is done via a download from the network card's manufacturer. The Killer Series wifi adapters, for example, found in many gaming level systems need the latest drivers to run in Wi-Fi 6 Tri-band mode configurations, even if the wifi adapter is only Wi-Fi 5-compliant.

ALSO, make sure that you test your environment with Speedtest and are using the 5 GHz. Channels of the router. Most people I deal with don't use the correct channels and settings. Older and more cheaply made devices don't have 5 GHz. capability and those that do can't get above 150 to 200 Mbps speeds anyway.

I love my router and it's the best investment I've made since my Linksys WRT-1900AC v1 router I got almost 9 years ago. That router is still in use on my work system segment of my network.

I hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.